Look no further!
This site is for anyone who wants:
- to be their own web site designer.
- to learn about web site design.
- free website templates and graphics to make their site designing easier & faster.
- to hire a website designer to do their site design for them!
Why am I making this web site?
There are plenty of websites that can teach you the technical aspects of creating a web page using all sorts of different tools, languages, and code types. But this website is going to be a little different.
What I hope to teach here at Clear Website Design is how you can design great (no, excellent!) web sites from both the visual/graphic design standpoint as well as from a content/organizational standpoint, both of which lead to web site marketing and search engine optimization (SEO).
My view of web site design:
While I love the graphic element of web design, it’s not the visuals that will make your website the best. It is the content and structure of your website that are the money makers.
Of course a bad website design can ruin everything.
My basic thinking about the graphic design of a web site (or web page) is that it should:
- Be easy for the visitor to understand and navigate.
- Should graphically communicate the point or theme of the website.
Basically, a site design should be as visually striking as it needs to be to set you apart from your competition. And it should be as simple as possible (while still being graphically outstanding).
But this website is kind of boring!
“How can I help you to design your great website masterpiece when this site is so simple?” you ask.
First, I would like to point out that I chose to make this site visually simple for 2 reasons:
- To emphasize the “simple” (as in “easy”) part of web site design. (This design “gets the job done,” so to speak, and it wasn’t too hard to come up with.)
- So that it would be easy, visually, for you to find exactly what you are looking for.
Last word on the design of this web site:
If you will kindly take note of the drop of water at the top of the page and the splash at the bottom.
My design intent was to emphasize the word “clear” by using water. I chose macroscopic images of water to emphasize the fact that little things can have a big impact. Finally, I liked the idea of a little drop of water making a big splash.
That last sentence was probably the best way to summarize my goals for Clear Website Design.
I want to help you to easily create a web site design that will give you a big online presence.